Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day #34: sunday confessional

i've been taking photos of nanimals all weekend. it's challenging to get a well composed image. they move around so much or you never have your camera ready in time. I think i've gotten quicker and stealthier in capturing the moment. wachu think? -H.B.
Day #35 assignment: in the kitchen




This is Sophia.
This was part of a set design for a concept I had to shoot a woman stealing this woman's life energy. She hung from chains and blood dripped into a pool in which the thief was sitting... collecting the energy. The photo is on my site still. This is a reoccurring theme in my darker photos. It's always someone taking from someone else; consuming their insides.
Conceptualizing these types of shoots comes very easily to me. Sometimes I just give the ideas away to other photographers and see what they come up with.  But I think it's time to challenge myself and conceptualize a shoot where one person gives freely to another. It would be quite the exercise.
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment